Ian showed Ty and I this video on Friday. I about lost my shit. Flom knows what’s up.
HOLY CRAP WHAT PIPES! You want the next BIG thing? Check out Jessie J. Her songs aren’t there yet, but she’s about to collab with some of the best songwriters around, and has ridiculous crossover potential. She’s pretty much an A&R guy’s wet dream. I don’t even think they’ll need radio to break her — one tour opening for and upstaging Beyonce and she’ll be in good shape.
Tonight she’s at The Mint at 8pm. I don’t know that I have a choice but to go. Who’s with me?
In case you missed anything, here’s some of the highlights from this week in music business news and artist advice:
Artists House Music:
- Creating a Lucrative Business – Maintaining Relational Equity and Founding a Business http://ow.ly/8kQp
- New guest post on the Artists House blog by @walrusmuse about a great sustainable business – @branchrecords – http://ow.ly/8jAI
- Learn about Work for Hire (Publishing) http://ow.ly/8kO6
- Put yourself on the Artists House map! http://ow.ly/8jDf
- How to Help Your Child Prepare for a Life in Music http://is.gd/BJmt
Music Business News:
- Majors Seek New Fines for Pirate Bay Founders http://ow.ly/8LEc
- Single Song Downloads Coming to CD Baby http://is.gd/CpeB
- TuneCore Adds Amazon To D.I.Y. Toolbox http://is.gd/Cpc4
- TuneCore And Musicnote Spread The Sheets http://ow.ly/8kWN
- CD Resale Market Booming http://ow.ly/8kU2 (I wouldn’t call people dumping their useless plastic a BOOM, but interesting none-the-less)
- Pandora Launches Paid Premium Service http://ow.ly/8kgY
- 200 House Members Now On Board With Local Radio Freedom Act http://is.gd/BJwN
Artist Advice, Thought, Opinion:
- A Recording Quick-tip: Enabling sends in Return tracks http://ow.ly/8LEr
- Learn When To Say No http://is.gd/Cpea And believe me, it’s a skill…
- Analysis: MySpace Album Premieres Lack ‘Stickiness’ http://ow.ly/8l5q
- Who’s Listening? http://ow.ly/8kEH The least you could do is listen to this blog post – social media is not a broadcast medium!
- Indie labels are on the rise, and the proof is in the numbers http://ow.ly/8kfE Power to the people!
- Do It Yourself! Because Nobody Else Will http://ow.ly/86Fj Short but sweet advice…
- Streaming vs. Ownership http://ow.ly/86tV from the Lefsetz Letter
- Breaking Down the New $5 Napster Subscription http://is.gd/BJFk
- YouTube Ordered To Pay $1.6 Million To ASCAP http://ow.ly/86×2
- Tighten the low end of your mix with a frequency analyzer http://ow.ly/85hX
- Throwaway Culture: When the MP3 Hits the Desktop Recycle Bin http://ow.ly/7P6o
As always, you can join the conversation by following us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/artistshouse