Sorry military, no matter how much cash you have, you’ll never be as cool as space.
This could very well make me cry.
One of the funnier things I’ve read this week.
There’s an art to stuffing the maximum amount of coolness and success into 140 characters or less, and I’m basically the Da Vinci Code for how to do that. Here are 15 of my proven strat tips on how to really jack your follower count by making your Twitter bio as effective as possible at tricking people into thinking you’re important.
1. You can’t just like stuff. You have to take your interests to an unhealthy extreme by identifying yourself as an “addict” or “junkie” of those things. (ex. Social Media Junkie or PowerPoint Addict)
2. Make it super clear that your “views are my own” so your controversial opinions on last night’s episode of The Bachelor are in no way misconstrued to reflect negatively on your employer.
3. Ascribe super-heroic significance to your job, no matter how mundane, by adding “Guy” or “Girl” to the end of what you do. (ex. Data Entry Guy or Marketing Girl)
4. Nothing is cooler than being geeky, so you can never overstate how much of a total geek you are. The key is to be the geekiest geek in the whole geekoverse. (ex. Major ____ Geek, King Geekster or Her Royal Geekness)
5. If you go out to bars like every night of the week, you’re not alcoholic. You’re a Foursquare Ambassador.
6. You can add “-ista” to the end of literally any word to make yourself sound approximately 47 times more stylish and savvy. (ex. Digitalista or Barista or Unemployista)
7. A great way to sound really smart and cool is to combine a vague/abstract word like “Idea” with an impressive or scientific-sounding title or profession. (ex. Idea Architect or Solution Ecologist)
Digging this. Maybe I’ll finally get around to a mix this weekend. I miss doing mixes. Just been so damn busy.
One of the standout tracks from the debut Star Slinger LP, the video for ‘Mornin’ debuted up on Pitchfork this morning. The track is taken from his self released LP (on iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, bandcamp, StarSlinger.net via Topspin) released in Autumn 2010.
The man shows no sign of slowing down with remixes for Gold Panda, Toro Y Moi, Go Team, Morning Benders and Broken Social Scene all about to drop or recently dropped and what’s more on Valentines Day he dropped an EP with three tracks:
1. Casanova’s Jump Off (amazing)
2. Slow N Wet (ace)
3. Baby Mama
The future of space exploration according to the 2011 five-year NASA budget
Given that I’e spent my career in the music business, I probably come across more data about it than any other industry. That said, I’m making every effort to not have this site be about music data. This was a good chart though. What’s next? Any guesses?
While not directly dealing with data, I don’t think there’s a data nerd that isn’t at least intrigued by what Ray Kuzweil has to say about our future.
This is a preliminary result of the network of retweets with the hashtag #jan25 at February 11 2011, at the time of the announcement of Mubarak’s resignation. If you retweeted someone, or has been retweeted, it is possible that your username is one of these tinny points (or maybe a bigger one?).
A zoomable infographic of Obama’s 2012 Budget Proposal. How 3.7 trillion will be spent.