The Sine Qua Non of the Music Business – “Without This, There is Nothing”
- The Hedgehog Concept, an idea coined in Jim Collins’ book Good To Great
- An unshakeable conviction that your music, or the music of the artists you are working on behalf of, must be heard.
The Hedgehog Concept:
- What are you passionate about?
- What can you be best in the world at?
- What is your economic driver?
You have to have all three of these elements defined in order to be GREAT at what you do. The Hedgehog Concept insures you focus on these three elements, and perhaps more importantly, that you do not focus on anything outside of them.
It’s about finding an equilibrium between these three circles. Combine this balance with an unwavering belief in what you do, and you’ve got the foundation for building something powerful, something that can affect the world in a positive way.