1) Do you live in a house, an apartment or a condo? I live in an apartment. It’s a two bedroom/two bath in West Los Angeles (or as some like to call it, Beverly Hills Adjacent – GROSS, but true.)
2) Do you rent or own? I rent, though I used to own when I was still living in Kansas. My mortgage payments were $300 less than I pay for my apartment in Los Angeles. It’s ridiculous on some level. I really wish I could have found some way to keep the house in Lawrence. It was such a beautiful place and Lawrence is tops. On a visit home a couple of years ago, I knocked on the door of my old house and asked if I could come in and look around. Though a little hesitant, the guy let me in. His family lived there and had totally messed the place up. It was terribly traumatic.
3) Does anyone else live with you? Yes, Holly, my dog, lives with me. The building I am in has ghosts, though my unit doesn’t seem to be one of the haunted ones. There are dust bunnies as well.
4) How many times have you moved in your life? I’ve moved a total of four times, which is pretty low, I think. When I went off to college I didn’t live in the dorms. I got an apartment instead. Next to my house, it’s my favorite place I have lived. I bought the house after about two years. Three years later I moved to an overpriced shit hole of an apartment in West Hollywood. It was charming when I saw it, but I soon discovered that my neighbor had six kids in a two bedroom apartment. It was pretty miserable at times, though for a first apartment in Los Angeles, it wasn’t bad.
5) What are your plans for this weekend? I’m visiting Kansas right now. Tonight I’ll be having dinner with my sister and a mutual friend. After dinner I’ll be hanging out with a long-time friend of mine. Tomorrow is the wedding in Lawrence, which will take up most of the day and part of the evening. I’ll pay a visit to some friends in Lawrence on my way back to my parents’ house. Sunday I’ll spend some time with my parents and then fly back to Los Angeles, where the weather is much nicer.