If great managers seem scarce, it’s because the talent required to be one is rare. Gallup finds that great managers have the following talents:
- They motivate every singleemployee to take action and engage them with a compelling mission and vision.
- They have the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance.
- They create a culture of clear accountability.
- They build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency.
- They make decisions that are based on productivity, not politics.