I started with a list of nearly fifty albums and after spending too much time trying to put it all in some order that ultimately won’t mean all that much to most people, I settled on my top ten.
- Jon Hopkins – Singularity
- Pusha T – Daytona
- Nils Frahm – All Melody
- Parquet Courts – Wide Awake!
- Earl Sweatshirt – Some Rap Songs
- Tim Hecker – Konoyo
- Aphex Twin – Collapse EP
- Young Fathers – Cocoa Sugar
- Daniel Avery – Song for Alpha
- Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks – Sparkle Hard
What’s a list without some music? I created a mix called Melody and Distortion. You can find it on Spotify and Apple Music. It is best enjoyed as it is sequenced.