“Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities” as per the FBI and Justice Dept’s new flyers:
- “Are overly concerned about privacy..”
- “attempts to shield the screen from view of
- “Always pay[s] cash…”
- “Evidence of a residential based internet provider…”
- “Use of anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address”
- “…using VOIP or communicating through a PC game.”
- “obtain photos, maps or diagrams of transportation, sporting venues, or populated locations.”
Just in case you forgot to live in fear and suspicion, the FBI and Justice Department are here to help!
Now, to their credit, they do admit that “some of the activities, taken individually, could be innocent” but then immediately go back into bullshit mode with “and must be examined by law enforcement professionals…”
So even admittedly innocent activities “must” be examined now; because you should always default to fear and suspicion. Good citizen.
The kicker? Ending with this gem:
- “It is important to remember that just because someone’s speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious.”
Unless their “way of life” involves being “overly concerned about privacy” – then they’re a “potential terrorist” who “must be examined.”
I would be ashamed, if I wasn’t so sure that was a “potential indicator of terrorist activities.”
Watch out now.