If you haven’t seen Will’s Vine account, you MUST. I almost threw up laughing so hard this morning.
So honored and stoked that Sub Pop asked me to do this. As you can probably imagine, I really stressed about this. Like, a lot. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. My wife helped me put some finishing touches on while she was half-asleep next to me the night before I sent it. Please go check the rest of the lists out as well. There are some incredible ones there.
Ten Lists I Considered, But For Various Reasons Decided Not To Go With, Before I Settled On A Reverse Alphabetical List Of Ten Albums That Will Make It Look Like You Know What The Fuck You’re Talking About When Someone Asks What Your Favorite Albums Of 2011 Are
- Ten used albums I tried to sell to Amoeba in 2011, but couldn’t because they wouldn’t take them.
- Ten artists you didn’t hear in 2011, but should have and probably will once everyone else’s lists are published.
- Ten female music artists I asked permission from my wife to sleep with, only if the opportunity were to present itself.
- Ten albums that, if mentioned in the context of best albums released in 2011 in my presence, would result in me punching you in the face.
- Ten artists or bands that released an album in 2011 and whose name rhymes with a fruit or vegetable.
- Ten reasons the Metallica and Lou Reed collaboration is one of the worst albums in the history of music.
- Ten albums released in 2011 that I tried to sync with The Wizard of Oz.
- Ten albums I decided to add to my own top of 2011 list, only after reading other people’s lists.
- Ten albums I added to my top of 2011 list but never actually listed to.
- Ten albums released in 2011 that I’m embarrassed to say I like.
A Reverse Alphabetical List Of Ten Albums That Will Make It Look Like You Know What The Fuck You’re Talking About When Someone Asks What Your Favorite Albums Of 2011 Are
Washed Out Within And Without
Kurt Vile Smoke Ring For My Halo
Jessica Lea Mayfield Tell Me
The Horrors Skying
Fucked Up David Comes To Life
Fleet Foxes Helplessness Blues
Elbow Build A Rock Boys!
James Blake James Blake
Atlas Sound Parallax
A.A. Bondy – Believers
Monty Python – Ministry of Silly Walks
One of my all-time favorites.
Over the weekend I slapped up a quick site to help Laura sell some of her awesome shirts. They got some good attention from people at Bumbershoot. Pick one up and help spread the word.